Real Madrid president Florentina Perez has revealed that the club has agreed a new contract with Luka Modric.
The 35-year-old Croatian midfielder, who joined Madrid from Tottenham in 2012, is out of contract in June.
Reports in January alleged that a new deal between Modric and Madrid had been agreed although nothing had ever been announced.
Perez confirmed those reports on Wednesday when discussing the European Super League, while also providing an update on out-of-contract Sergio Ramos.
“[Modric] has already signed or we have reached an agreement a long time ago,” Perez said on the El Laguaro radio show.
“Ramos is not in the same situation. We have spoken many times but I do not know, I do not want to blame anyone.”
Perez refused to be drawn on 35-year-old club captain Ramos’ future.
“I love him as if he were my son, I have done everything I could for him,” Perez said.
“I am not going to tell you anything about Sergio Ramos. We are trying to close this season. Then we will talk about the next one.”
Extranewsgh.com is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website. Read our disclaimer.
Send Your News Stories and General Inquiries to email@example.com or Whatsapp: 0206386139